Sunday, May 15, 2022

Let It Snow

 




My card was created for the latest Freshly Made Sketches and Jingle Belles card challenges. I started by layering some patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Vintage Christmas 6x6 paper pad onto my card. I die cut a circle panel using a pierced edge circle die from My Favorite Things and then did some light inking on the background with Tim Holtz distress ink in faded jeans. I stamped the adorable images from My Favorite Things Cozy Winter Wishes onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored them with alcohol markers, fussy cut them out, and adhered them directly onto my inked circle panel, with the exception of the snowman and one of the trees, which I popped up with Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. Using Memento London fog ink and a small snowflake stamp from Papertrey Ink Winter Snow Globe I added some snow to the background. I then stamped the sentiment from the same set using Memento tuxedo black ink at the bottom of one of the strips of patterned paper. I adhered the panel to the card and finished it off by added some smokey grey 6mm sequins from The Ton to the card. I just love that adorable little snowman and can't wait to use the stamp set again!




7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a lovely scene and a great take on the sketch.
Faith x

Jacquie Southas said...

This is an adorable scene! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Such a sweet wintry card! Cute! Glad you joied us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

This is just too cute! I love that sweet little winter scene! That snow man is just adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

SmilynStef said...

that tiny little snowman is adorable ... so very glad you joined our Christmas Cookie Color prompt at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

this is such a beautiful card and a fun use of the lovely and inspiring color palette with that excellent sketch as well! so pleased you could join our fun at JINGLE BELLES!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Aww! What a splendidly sweet and cheerful wintertime greeting. It is hard to believe that we are, at this point, a mere seven months and two days (at the time of writing these words) away from Santa's return. Where, oh where, does time go?!

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life