Sunday, May 22, 2022

Sending An Ocean Of Birthday Wishes

 


Hello, and happy Sunday! Today's card was created for the latest Color Throwdown card challenge. To create my card I started by stenciling the background onto my A2 white card base using the My Favorite Things Wave Maker stencil and Tim Holtz distress ink in broken China. I then took some Prized Ribbon distress ink and smooshed it onto the card using a cellophane panel and some spritzed water. I stamped the sentiment from The Cat's Pajama's Seas The Birthday stamp set directly onto the card base using Versafine onyx black ink. I then stamped the octopus and party hat from the same stamp set onto some Copic-friendly cardstock, colored it with my alcohol markers, and fussy cut the image out. I popped the image up off of the card using some 3M foam tape, added some white gel pen details, and a few sequins from The Ton to finish off this cute birthday card! 


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun background for this little fella! Cute card, Celeste!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Aww! This is all kinds of adorable! What a fun, festive octopus. They are such fascinating creatures. We actually have some of the biggest in the world living in the Pacific waters that lap at the left-hand side of BC.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Broni said...

This is such a cute underwater card! Love your ocean background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

Awesome background for this adorable octopus image! So glad you were able to join us at CTD!