Saturday, May 7, 2022

Loads Of Love For Dad-Send A Smile 4 Kids

Hello! Welcome to the May Send A Smile 4 Kids card challenge. This month we are creating cards for Dads. To create my card I started by stamping the adorable little dump trucks from the Hero Arts Happy Dad's Day stamp set onto white Copic-friendly cardstock. I colored them in primary colors using my alcohol markers and then punched them out using a Stampin' UP 1 1/4" square punch. I matted them onto basic black cardstock and cut them out leaving a small 1/8" frame around them. I stamped the sentiment from the same Hero Arts stamp set onto some kraft cardstock using Gina K Designs basic black ink. I added some American Crafts white twine around the bottom of the card and adhered it to the card by adding a basic black button I had in my stash. I popped each of the dump truck tiles up off of the card using 3M foam tape and adhered them to the card around the sentiment. I added some black dashed lines around the outer edge of the card for some visual interest and contrast and then popped the whole panel up off of my white A2 card base using more 3M foam tape. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and be sure to check out what the rest of the design team created for this fun challenge!

 

7 comments:

Maria Giselle B. said...

Very nice! The colors of the truck stand out with the kraft cardstock.

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little truck! This is adorable, Celeste. Happy Mother's Day!

BobbisTreasure said...

Super cute set, and I love the your color choices!!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, You are so right about those dump trucks. They are adorable! And, that kraft paper is a perfect background for these sweet and punny dad card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a cute and wonderful card for Dad.
Faith x

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my gosh how cut for Dad! I love it Cecile!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Aww! This is immensely sweet and fun. Love the hand-drawn stitches, timeless colours, and the darling button + twine.

What a luck fellow who gets to receive this awesome card come Father's Day.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life