Sunday, September 20, 2015

If Friends Were Flowers

I knew exactly which stamp set to use when I saw the challenge over at the Card Concept today! I bought this adorable Stampendous Friendship stamp set marked down to $3.99 at Tuesday Morning last year and have gotten so much mileage out of it! Gotta love when you find a good deal, right? I started with a plain white cardstock card base and added a layer of yellow and white swiss dot patterned paper from the Pebbles Journaling Cards Hello pack. One side has journaling cards and the other side has pretty patterned paper. I don't journal but I love the papers and got them on sale at Hobby Lobby. I them cut a smaller piece of plain 110 lb white cardstock and stamped the daisies using some Memento tuxedo black ink so I could color them in using my Copic markers. Once colored I added a bit of shimmer to the centers using some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen and some Stickles yellow glitter glue for some nice shimmer and shine! I stamped the tag and sentiment using the same Memento ink and colored the tag yellow using a Copic marker. I punched a hole in the tag so I could run some yellow American Crafts hemp twine through it and around the focal panel. I added some stitched lines using a Paper Smooches die around the outer edge, added a few pretty yellow 6mm sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. Once those were adhered I added a bit more Stickles to the centers.  I then popped the center panel up off of the card base using some Scrapbook Adhesive foam squares. This card was easy and inexpensive to make. I hope you like it as much as I do!


12 comments:

laurie said...

This is SO perfect for the challenge! I love the daisies!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Laurie!

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful posy! Love the polka dot paper:) Thanks for playing at The Card Concept!

Deepti said...

Lovely! I like the pop of yellow :)

Kerin said...

What a sweet image and sentiment! You got a great deal on this one and you're putting it to great use!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Michele K. Henderson said...

Bright and friendly card! Love these pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with us over at The card Concept!
Take care!
Michele

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you ladies!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you ladies!

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I love the bright, cheerful flowers and that fun way you used the yellow tag with the sentiment. Great design!!

Unknown said...

This is SO sweet Celeste!! Those sentiments are just adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!:)

Lisa Elton said...

I love the tag you used on this and the daisies are so cute! A delightful card!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Lisa!