Sunday, September 27, 2015

Herd It's Your Birthday

I love this sketch layout because it really gives you a lot of space to add a pretty large sentiment or image. I decided to crack out a stamp set I've not used in well over a year that I had purchased from a fellow crafter on a destash. I used the Jump For Joy stamp set by Elzybells who, unfortunately, is no longer in business. I stamped the fence first onto my white cardstock and then masked it off so I could stamp the sheep behind the fence. I punched a few small clouds using a Fiskars punch and adhered them onto to panel using some removable snail. Once the main images were Copic colored I used my BG10 to create the sky using small dots and then YG63 to create the grass using the same technique. I mounted the panel onto some sunflower yellow cardstock from Hobby Lobby and popped it up using foam dimensionals from Stampin' UP. I used some Pebbles Hello journaling cards to create the layers on my card. These journaling cards have journaling tags on one side and beautiful patterned paper on the other side. They are perfect for whipping up a quick and easy card! Once they papers were all layered onto my white card base I adhered some random yellow buttons with some dark blue American Crafts jute twine onto the card using Aleene's Tacky Dot singles. They hold buttons on really well and will even hold up to through the mail. I love this adorable little card and I hope you will too!


14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Aren't they a fun fluffy bunch!! This is super cute Celeste, a happy card for sure!

SewPaperPaint said...

Absolutely darling! What a cute card - sure made me smile! :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Adorable card - love the image and you used some of my favorite paper.

Claire Broadwater said...

Celeste, this is darling! I love it when you can use a stamp set that is in your stash! Your coloring is beautiful and this image makes me smile! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Karren said...

Adorable image and so beautifully colored! Fabulous card!

laurie said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!! I love this card!

Nance Leedy said...

Wow, you did a fabulous coloring job on this image! love the flowered background dp too! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players!

Diane Jaquay said...

Those sheep are soooo darn cute!! Fabulous card!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is super cute!

Marlena M. said...

This is so sweet :)

Unknown said...

so adorable!!! love this card! Thanks for joining us this week at The paper players!

Anni said...

All three cards are so cute! Love your style and coloring!
Anni

Becky said...

This is so cute. Thanks for sharing your blog with me! I look forward to seeing more and learning from you.

Celeste Goff said...

Thanks Becky! I will text you you over the holidays and we can plan a crafty day!