Sunday, September 20, 2015

Thinking Of You

I love both of these challenges from Just Us Girls and The Paper Players because I could incorporate my love of all things autumn into them both! I started with some Chocolate Chip cardstock from Stampin' UP and layered some plain white cardstock over it. I stamped the plain tree image from the Avocado Arts Perfectly Perfect Day in some Gina K charcoal brown ink so it would be nice and dark. I took one of the multi leaf stamps and using Memento Dew Drop inks in Dandelion, Tangelo, and Lady Bug I stamped the leaves multiple times to create a beautiful fall foliage tree. I inked a few of the leaves individually to create a slight blowing cascade of them caught in the wind. I repeated the same process onto a smaller piece of cardstock, cut it down, framed it out with the same brown cardstock, and popped it up off of the card using some Scrapbook Adhesive foam squares. I stamped the sentiment from the Avery Elle Petals & Blooms stamp set. It's a simple but pretty card and I love the way it turned out. I hope you do too!



18 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. I love the colors chosen for the leaves. This is a perfect ode to fall.

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Crystal!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Great use of the challenge to colors. Love your beautiful tree. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you stamped that tree with the panel. Awesome design. So glad you joined us at JUGS with this beauty!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Sue!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! Lovely CAS fall card! I really like the layers and the leaves blowing away, Celeste. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in at Just Us Girls. Melissa - September GD

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you!

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Celeste! First I want to thank you of all of the sweet comments you leave on my blog. I've finally gotten around to following you by email so I won't miss any of your marvelous designs again!! This card is terrific! I love the added panel and the blowing leaves. It's CAS but it packs a punch! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you so much Lisa!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you so much Lisa!

Nance Leedy said...

Celeste, this is a fabulous fall CAS card! Love the unique layering to highlight the tree and the blowing leaves are wonderful! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players and for leaving such sweet comments on my blog!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome layout and great use of the colors! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you ladies!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you ladies!

Maria said...

Love this! Love the layout and that panel so cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls this week!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Maria!

LeAnne said...

What a fun creation! I can just feel the wind blowing the leaves off your pretty fall tree! Thanks for playing with our PP challenge this week!