Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Sweet Life


Today's card was created for the Retro Sketches #180 sketch challenge. I had so many ideas for this card but ultimately I knew I wanted to use these adorable wood veneer butterflies from American Crafts. I used some VersaMagic chalk ink in pink grapefruit to lightly ink the edges and then added some pink Stickles by Ranger over it to add a bit of pretty glitter and shine. I wrapped a bit of Doodlebug black and white bakers twine around them to create their bodies and antenna's. I decided to try and create a card without any stamping so I took one of the sentiment tags from the GCD Splendor 8x8 paper pack and fussy cut it and mounted it onto some Stampin' UP and fussy cut that too to mimic the shape of the sentiment tag. I took a scrap of pretty floral patterned paper from the same paper pack and bordered it top and bottom with small strips of the same black cardstock. I cut a white doily that I found at Hobby Lobby in the bakery department, cut it in half, and adhered it to the bottom of my strip of patterned paper. I mounted all of that onto an American Crafts A2 kraft card base, popped the butterflies up using some foam dimensionals from Stampin' UP and a few black sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. To add a bit more glitter to the card I added some more of that gorgeous pink Stickles to the sentiment. I hope you like it!



3 comments:

Wanda said...

Beautiful card! Love the wood butterflies and how you used the ink and twine in them.

Daniela Dobson said...

Love this card and those butterflies are adorable!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card! Love the butterflies and your great take on this weeks sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!