Sunday, September 20, 2015

Have A Boo-Tiful Halloween

I knew as soon as I saw the challenge over at The Paper Players today that I would have to create a Halloween card. I love everything about fall...the pumpkins, the foliage, the cool, crisp air, and I especially loved trick or treating as a kid. As soon as the cool air would hit I knew I had to start thinking about a costume. Well, the characters in the Darcie's Bootiful Halloween stamp set have the most adorable costumes and decided to stamp all three of them to create a sweet little nighttime scene. I stamped each character out using Memento tuxedo black ink, colored them using Copic markers, fussy cut them out and edged them all with a black Memento dual tip marker so they would have nice clean edges. I stamped the trick or treat bag as well and adhered that onto one of the characters. I stamped the smallest pumpkin from Lawn Fawn's So Thankful stamp set, colored it with Copics, and fussy cut it as well. I die cut the trees from both of the tree dies from Paper Smooches in Stampin' UP black cardstock, and die cut the grass from a Paper Smooches die and colored it using Copic markers as well. I cut a white cardstock panel 1/4" smaller than my card base and used distress inks in black soot, faded jeans, and concord and then sprayed the whole thing with a mini mister to add some distressing. Once it dried I splattered some white ink on using Distress spray stain in picket fence. I die cut the moon from a Nestibilities round die, Copic colored it, and then stamped one of the adorable sentiments from the Darcie's stamp set. It turned out so cute!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is so adorable Celeste! I particularly love how you did the night sky! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Jodi!

Nora Noll said...

This is totally adorable!! I love your coloring of the little trick or treaters and your sky is amazing!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Celeste, I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your fun Halloween scene! Your coloring is amazing and the night sky is perfect! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Celeste this is just so sweet - I would love to be trick or treated by this little trio! Beautifully coloured and the night sky is amazing! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Celeste Goff said...

Nora, Claire, and Joanne...thank you for your kind words!