Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Don We Now Our Ugly Sweaters

Today's card was created for the Merry Monday Christmas challenge #170. The challenge was to use holly and I knew I had to crack out my Simon Says Stamp Ugly Sweater stamp set. It has the most adorable holly leaf cluster in it. I started with a base of leaf green cardstock from the Ki bright cardstock 6x6 paper pack and then layered on some red cardstock from the same paper pack. I added a panel of holly leaf patterned paper from the American Crafts Noel 6x6 patterned paper pack and a small strip of the striped paper from the same pack for contrast. I stamped the sweater onto some 110 lb white card stock using Memento tuxedo black ink and then stamped the holly leaf cluster all over the sweater to create a nice background and colored it in using Copic markers. I then stamped the wreath image and colored it separately. I fussy cut both images out and popped them up with Stamping Up foam dimensionals. I then stamped the hanger image from Simon Says Stamps Like Your Style stamp set, fussy cut it out and positioned it under the sweater to make it look like it was hanging on a sweater. I stamped the sentiment using My Favorite Things Sweater Weather stamp set with Versafine onyx black ink and then heat embossed it using some American Crafts Zing clear embossing powder to give it some extra shine. I stamped, colored, and fussy cut four more of the holly leaf clusters and adhered them around the sentiment for some additional interest. Love the way this card turned out!

8 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I can't see the card in your post, but it sounds great!

Celeste Goff said...

Sorry about that Leigh. I was drafting this in the early morning hours before work and ran out of time. I thought it had saved as a draft and I would publish it later. My mistake.

Susan Powell said...

That is definitely an ugly sweater (haha) but a fantastic card!!!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Susan Gail!

Nancy Thomas said...

Love your ugly sweater Celeste. A cute take on the MM challenge!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Nancy!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Nancy!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, I love your festive sweater :). Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.