Saturday, September 5, 2015

You Make Life Sweet

My second card today is for the Just Us Girls Word Week #309 card challenge. The challenge was to use apples or an apple on your card. I knew immediately that the perfect stamp set for this would be my Fresh Squeezed Stamps The Sweet Life. It has the most adorable stitched apple stamp and a basket to match. I stamped my apples out using some adorable patterned papers from the Crate Paper Paper Heart 6x6 paper pad. The colors are beautiful and it seemed like the perfect match for the stamps. Once all of the apples were stamped I fussy cut them out and edged them with my Memento tuxedo black dual edged marker to make them look perfectly die cut. I took my Copic R24 marker and went around the outer stitched edge of each of the apples to darken them up and make the inside patterned paper look lighter. I stamped the basket on some of the same patterned papers and fussy cut the basket's edge from some contrasting paper for added interest. I colored the heart in with the same Copic marker. I added my patterned paper panels to the card base and then glued the apples down using some Tombo Mono liquid glue. I chose to pop the basket and one of the apples up using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and then stamped the stems and leaves from the stamp set and colored them in using Copic markers. I stamped the sentiment with an extra leaf, which I colored, and then added a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to complete my card. I hope you like it!

4 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Love your basket of apples! Such a fun and "sweet" card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Nancy said...

Sensational card for our Word Challenge over at Just Us Girls. Love the color combo and that beautiful paper pieced basket! Well done!

Ina G said...

Loved the soft colours you chose for this sweet card. So pretty. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Just Us Girls.

Anonymous said...

This is such a pretty card, Celeste. I really like the sweet & sentimental style. Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls. Melissa - GD.