Sunday, September 20, 2015

Baby

I have several stamp sets by Taylored Expressions but have never joined one of their challenges. Not sure why but today I decided to give it a go! This week's challenge is a Sketch and Tic Tac Toe. I followed the sketch pretty closely and opted for the center line, top to bottom...sequins, twin, and embossing. I started with plain white card base and added a layer of pretty patterned paper from the Studio Calico Story Time 6x6 paper pad. I embossed a piece of plain white cardstock using the Spots & Dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I die cut a few nesting circles using the same paper pad and a smaller circle die from Nestibilities and a larger pierced edge one from My Favorite Things. I stamped the adorable onesie from the Taylored Expressions Onesie Twosie stamp set and fussy cut it out and the trim in an alternating paper just for some additional interest. I edged the images with a Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker to make it look clean around the edges. I popped it up using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and adhered that onto the card base over the embossed panel. I die cut an oval from the same paper pad using a My Favorite Things pierced edge die and stamped the congrats sentiment from the same stamp set. I die cut the banners using the same papers and the County Fair dies from The Cat's Pajamas , stamped the word baby using the stamps from the same stamp set, popped them up using foam dimensionals, and created some bows using some white cross stitch thread. Once everything was adhered to the card base I added a few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and some pink Stickles in the center of the sequins, over the banner sentiment, and in all of the circles on the embossed panel. I hope you like it! 


7 comments:

Deepti said...

This is so adorable! I like the baby banner :)

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable. I love the banner and the dots of Stickles you used on the embossed panel. Great take on the sketch!!

Jen Shults said...

This is wonderful! Wonderful banner! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Share Joy Challenge!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, what a cute little onsie. this is adorable!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you ladies!

Twenty Five Smiles said...

This is so sweet! Love that banner!