Wednesday, September 9, 2015

You Are My Cutie Pie

My card today was created for the #261 theme challenge over at The Paper Players blog. The theme was to make a sweet lunchbox notecard for a kid. I started with the Lawn Fawn My Silly Valentine stamp set. I picked this set up on a recent destash from a crafty friend and knew I had to use it on this card. It has the most adorable stamps and they are all whimsical and punny...so perfect for a kid. I chose the pie stamp and stamped it out three times using some pretty red gingham from the Pebbles American 6x6 paper pad collection. I fussy cut the pie top out and then stamped the full image again three times onto my white card base. I inked the edges of the pie tops with a Memento tuxedo black dual tip marker and then adhered them onto the stamped images using a Zig 2-way glue pen. I cut three strips of the plaid paper from the same paper pack and created borders between the pies, the stamped sentiment, and the bottom gingham panel. Once those were adhered I stamped out the sentiment using Versafine onyx black ink and stamped the heart from the LF stamp set onto the same plaid paper and fussy cut those out. I adhered them onto either side of the sentiment for some added detail. I tied a simple bow with some black and white baker's twine and adhered it to the card using some Ranger Multi Medium Matte glue. For a finishing touch I added some clear Wink of Stella glitter pen to the pie tops and the hearts and then glued down some small googly eyes to make the pies even more whimsical. I plan on giving this card to my 6-year old granddaughter Journey. I know she's going to love it and I hope you do too! Thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Adorable! Love the pies :)

stampwithamyk said...

Oh my goodness, how cute!! Love those little googly eye pies, great sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh that is such fun - those pies are hilarious! My daughter would love to find this card in her lunch box - I just love the play on words. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

stampwithsandy said...

Celeste this is super-cute! Love the pies, especially the googly eyes, and the sentiment is perfect! Love the plaid and gingham, too. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

SO cute....this is just adorable!