Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Witching You A Wicked Birthday


My card today was designed specifically for my best friend Alana's birthday but thought it would be perfect for the Casology Cue Card challenge. My bestie absolutely loves Halloween and all things witch-related. I knew immediately when I found this fantastic witch image on Pinterest that I would have to color her and create a fun birthday card worthy of my friend. I started with a white card base and then created the background by stamping the Altenew Moon stamp in Colorbox grey chalk ink and then the solid moon image over it using VersaMark ink and heat embossed in with clear embossing powder. Love how that allowed the grey to slightly show through to make the moon look like it had craters and dark spots on it. The night sky was created with some Tim Holtz distress inks and a smooshing technique. I spritzed some water over it and then dropped a bit of white distress paint onto an acrylic block and used a wet watercolor brush to flick light splatter over it add a nice mottled look. After I colored the witch with Copic markers I fussy cut her out and mounted her onto some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and added her to the card. A bit of clear Wink of Stella on her hat, bodice, and stockings added a bit of glimmer, printed the sentiment on my Windows word program using a free font I'd found online and I called this card done. My bestie loved it and I hope you will too!

4 comments:

Peg said...

wow, this is amazing, you have some awesome colouring skills, I love it!!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Peg!

Celeste Goff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ardyth said...

You've done a gorgeous job with this image - the shading in the hair and clothes is just amazing! I'm sure your friend will love it! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!