Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Happy Birthday


My second card today was created for the Just Us Girls and the Blog Named Hero challenges. I started with a white card base and layered on some pretty striped paper from the Doodlebug Happy Harvest 6x6 paper pad. Using some white cardstock I die cut the He Said, She Said speech bubble die from The Cat's Pajamas. Using a small stitched border die I impressed the stitched border around the outer edges of that speech bubble so it would match the stitching on the bottom of the panel. I then die cut the Birthday Balloons dies using the same Doodlebug paper and them popped them up using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. Using some Ranger Multi Medium Matte I adhered small pieces of orange and white Doodlebug bakers twine and then tied a bow at the bottom. I stamped the sock monkey, hat, and cupcake using The Cat's Pajamas Show Me The Monkey stamp set and colored them in using Copic markers. I fussy cut the images out and mounted them onto the card using some more foam dimensionals. The word Happy is from the Stamps of Life Large Greetings Stamp set and I colored it in using an orange Memento dual tip marker. I added a bit of clear Wink of Stella to the images for a bit of extra glimmer. I hope you like it! 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This monkey has some pretty special balloons and I'm lovin' it! Love the realy balloon strings, too!
Great card! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Just Us Girls!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you ladies!

Unknown said...

So funny card, I love it! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero. isa